Rebuilding a relationship with my mom... No question...

I called my mom today and well she was very pleasant to speak with this morning.
We had some issues in the past which aren't important, that was years ago.
But it seems better to speak with my mom than with my so called friend. The friend used to remind me of how mean my momwas and tell me not to trust her.
But I do remember when I was very ill my mom took care of me through meds and almost dragging me to the doctors. She made it a fun thing, we'd go out to eat, and sit in a park to relax or eat our lunches. We'd even share our lunches.
And my brother was awesome, he used to make me laugh when I was sick.
So I have to not speak to the one friend anymore. She won't give up on reminding me of the flaws my mom has.
When it comes down to it my mom wins because I am not feeling manipulated like with the friend.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 12:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Remember this, If your mom wasnt a abusive mom or anything like that, U only have one mom and she wont always be here for you. Treasure her while u have her still on earth.
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 12:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Good luck! :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Your mom will always be your mom no matter what happens. I have had plenty of rough patches with my mom too so I know how you feel. At the end of the day, a true friend will support your decision and be there for you if things dont work out. Good luck!
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 12:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Everyone makes mistakes, but it sounds like your mom did good too. Treasure the time you have with your mom, I know so many people (including kids) that no longer have their mom. Friends come and go but parents are there for life.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I say drop the friend!! Your mom has always been there for you. Treasure her!! I lost my mom to cancer and we were very close!!! The friend is jealous!!! I never let anybody talk mean about anybody in my family!!! U need to stick up for your mom when your so called friend starts talking trash!!! Your friend is not perfect!!! Dump her!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011