any one free birth?

what if something goes wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Thats what 911 is for
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• there was a huge question about this yesterday.
    Anonymous

• 911 doesn't always make it in time, they also have to get you to the hospital and sometimes there just isn't enough time.... things can go wrong and happen too quickly. ( My Hubby is an EMT and drives Amublance) I'm sure many people do this and have done it for years, and I'm not putting them down but I would never do that... I'd want to be close to the doc and make sure my baby was born safely...I know that the hospital experience isn't for everyone but when it comes down to it, who cares? Comfort for safety isn't a trade I want to make. I had to have an emergency c-section and I know for sure if I was at home, even if we called 911 right away we still would have died. It all happened fast. It's all about what your okay with.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• emergency c-sections can be done in 8 minutes.
    Anonymous

• don't do anything without consulting a dr, if the dr clears you, make sure you have a midwife... I personally would rather have a woman than a male around my crotch... someone who can relate to the pain and stuff.
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 7:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes, emergency c-sections CAN be done in 8 minutes however that's not always safe to the Mom... especially if it's not her first! Not to mention, the drive to the hospital and the quick prep for surgery... THEN the 8 minutes. 8 mintues can be too late if the baby stopped breathing in the womb or if the cord is around the neck or many other situations.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Ok,I'm seeing some really negative and not very well informed answers here,so why don't you go and ask around the pregnancy/birthing boards,like Birth is Normal or Natural Pregnancy & Childbirth? They've got TONS of great info,VERY thoroughly informed women there,and they can not only help you better understand the cocept of freebirth,but also if it's right for you [b/c sadly in our overly medicalized sicoety,it's not for everyone anymore]. Also go to YouTube and search "The Business of Being Born". And try googling freebirthing,unassisted childbirths,natural childbirth, and unhindered childbirth. This will enlighten you for sure,whether it'll scare the hell out of you or not I can't say,but you'll definitely have atleast some of your questions answered. Happy hunting!
    Jaydedeyz

Answer by Jaydedeyz at 8:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• things happen whether you are in labor or not my sis had a placental abrubtion (complete) she was bleeding to death they got her to the hospital and the baby out before either died yes things happen but they can happen at any time should we all go live in the hospital until we deliver just in case?
    Anonymous

• its not so much 'living in the hospital' you go when you feel its going to happen, you dont need to take anything they offer you - just be there in case something does goes wrong
    Anonymous

ROFL!! YEs, go to the group Birth is NORmal or Natural Pregnancy. HAHA! OMG yes, let's just all start sitting in the hospital our whole pregnancy. great answer anon 9:46
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2008