Has anyone ever torn an ACL

I injured my knee badly when working out. I was doing swing kicks over a chair and my foot caught the chair andin an effort to not fall, I stopped the kick and then lost my balance, my leg turned in and I felt a big pop and then excruciating pain. I fell on the ground screaming, I have never felt pain like that before, not even child birth! At this point I cant straighten or bend my leg. I was swollen although it doesnt seem to be very much anymore. It feels very tight though and if I turn my leg in, that hurts alot and I get a sharp pain down my leg. I can put pressure on my leg but not all of my weight and I cant stand up straight or bend past 90 degrees. If it was just me, I would go to the dr to have it looked at but, hubby would need to drive me with the two kids. So im wondering two things 1)if this sounds familiar to anyone? Maybe it isnt a torn tendon or ligament? 2) How important is it to get this looked at?

I dont want to drag everyone out if not needed.

sparklebug86

Asked by sparklebug86 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• Get it looked at! Anyone I know who has torn an ACL needed surgery. If that's not your issue, you need to know how to support the injured area as it heals along with appropriate recovery exercises. You could do more damage if you diagnose yourself incorrectly.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011