Which is the best website to found a job?

Is going on 3yrs. we no jobs. is like no body want to hire a 44yr old is hard and i did gradutaded from collage i dont have no income no more and me unemployment insurance benefit s is done. Could some one help me.

dulcedee66

Asked by dulcedee66 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• try indeed .com and care.com
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed.com or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Also check Craigslist regularly; many small companies post their jobs there. Only around 40% of available positions are posted anywhere; this is why networking is so important!

There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Let me tell you what works for me. I provide groups with fundraisers where they make 50% of what they sell. I provide them with colorful brochures. They do all the work. I punch in the order & the product goes striaght to the group. No delivery for me. It is that easy. My groups come back year after year. The company used to be known as Home Interiors. After 50 years in business, they mergered with Home & Garden Party to form Celebrating Home. There are always contests where you can win all kinds of prizes, trips and even cars. Right now we are in the middle of a promotion where I can win a trip to New York. In March, you can get a fundraising kit that will get you started for $99.00 or if you want to do both the fundraising & the parties, you can get a kit with product valued over $350.00 for $99.00. Feel free to ask me any questions you have or go to my site www.homeinteriors.com/ttgiffin I'll be glad to help.
    ttgiffin

Answer by ttgiffin at 4:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011