What is/was the most you have ever gained with a pregnancy? Did it come off?

This is my third pregnancy, but the weight I have gained is RIDICULOUS. With both other pregnancies I gained 30 - 35lbs. This time I have gained almost 60 with 3 months left to go.

I am sure this is completely unhealthy, but my doctor hasn't given me a hard time about it. The only difference between this pregnancy and my other pregnancies is that I started out underweight this time, so maybe my body was just "catching up".

It is probably bad, but at this point I have succumbed to the weight gain. I am eating a variety of healthy foods, and I am following my appetite. I'm scared to think of how much more I could possibly gain, but I'm to the point where I really feel like "I'll just deal with it later!"

It is really bumming me out though!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I got pregnant with my son, I weighed 10 lbs more than I usually did anyway (I was at about 135), and then I gained nearly 60 lbs during pregnancy - I was close to 200 when my son was born! Thank god most of it came off on it's own after he came, and I was left at about 140-145 for awhile. I learned how to get that off (I had never had to work out before that, so I didn't know where to begin) and I've been at my normal weight since, give or take a few lbs.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• With my first I went from 115 to 174 lol. I was so devastated! When I left the hospital I was down to 145, and lost 20 more lbs within 6 months. Thing is I was slightly under weight when I got pregnant so the extra 10 lbs was no big deal when all was said and done. I didnt do anything to lose it mind you, it just came off.

Answer by gemgem at 12:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I gained about 60lbs with my first, and managed to get about 50lbs of that off before getting pregnant with my second. I'm now 33 weeks pregnant, and gained about 44lbs, sigh. My doctor IS giving me grief about it, especially because I want to have a VBAC. But i'm not eating unhealthy, or even more than usual, I really don't know why I gain so much during my pregnancies. Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it too much.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• 22 lbs with my 1st. I was 110 when I got pregnant and ended up at 132. I never tried not to gain weight, I just ate when I was hungry and made healthy choices. I also exercised daily. It always came off usually within the first couple weeks with all 5 of mine. (of course, it took my body a few weeks/months to get everything back in place!)

Answer by missanc at 1:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i gained 58 pounds with my son and no i have not lost it and he will be 4 in june:(
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Missanc...that made me laugh. I got below the weight was before kids after my youngest daughter was born, and I was talking about it with my grandma...she said "How does it feel to be back in your clothes?" and when I started to say "well...its hard to say I've got my body back when my..." she jumped in and said "Oh honey, are things hanging different?" lol...yes grandma, thanks!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I only have 1 kid and I gained exactly 20lbs.... it came off within a week after I had him. bf definately helps, and I walked alot. Congrats on the new one on the way! I had 2 friends that gained 150lbs! So as long as you're eating healthy and your dr isn't worried then don't worry
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• lol mom-2-3girlz you just made me laugh lol thanks! I needed that!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I gained 12lbs with my first and 20lbs with my second. I am down 35lbs from what I weighed just before baby was born.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 3:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• with my first I gained 37lb.s with my second about the same and with my youngest I gained about 47 lb.s lol I'm still workin on losing it lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011