Pagan Sisters, Sacred Gardens

OK, so this year for Ostara, we'll be blessing and planting seeds for to grow herbs and "Fairy Flowers" for our gardens.

Anyone else treat gardening as something sacred?

Any non-Pagans who incorporate spirituality into their gardening?

What are you growing this year? 

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wish that I could grow ANYTHING without sending it into a traumatic, horrifying death, but I have an unfortunate brown thumb. I have to get my herbs from the grocery store.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Witchqueen ... I totally understand that!! Same here!!

Hubby isn't pagan, but when it comes to ANYTHING in the gardening realm, I let him handle it. He is AMAZING when it comes to plants ... be they herbs, flowering, vegetable, whatever. He can literally bring them back from the brink of death. I will probably have him plant me some sweet basil, oregano and a few others.

I, on the other hand, managed to kill aloe. Do you have any idea how hard that stuff is to kill? I could probably kill kudzu. *frown*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I'm Pagan and have my sacred plants, my magickal herbs and my blessing flowers. The only trouble is I live in an apartment in Chicago- not much room for planting. It makes it kind of hard and actually killed my 4 year old Bay Laurel that was dedicated to Apollo.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have a few herbs and stuff but nothing super fancy.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• witchqueen- My HP from my first coven (who specialized in herbology) once told me "there is no green thumb that hasn't left a wake of dead plants". It made me feel better and helped me to keep trying.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2011