Kidney Stones?

So, for two days now, I have had a nagging, pinching pain in my back and sides . . .underneath my bottom ribs. My two year old is really big (we have super tall people in the family), so I am picking him up a lot to get into the car, change diapers, get him off of furniture,etc, so I haven't run to the doctor . . .thinking it could be muscular. I just read on the net that vitamin D could play a role in stones, and I happen to be on a mega-dose of D because I am deficeint. . . I am trying to decide whether to make an appt at the doctor or not. (It is sooooo hard with kids)
Have any of you ever had stones? What did they feel like for you?

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 1:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• I had 1 very small kidney stone. I also gave birth to a 9lb 8oz baby with zero pain medication. The kidney stone hurt a helluva lot worse. If you can stand the pain, I doubt it's a kidney stone. If you're run down, tired, nauseous because of the pain, and in so much pain you can't walk upright, then you need to be seen. But you probably just have a rib or two out of place, which a chiropractor would be the fix to.
    Anonymous

• I have never had a kidney stone. I've known a couple of people who have; as you are experiencing they are very painful. Whenever I'm not sure of what is happening with my body I go to the doctor. Sometimes I try webmd and put in my symptoms and see what it says.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You guys are awesome. :L)

I can stand up straight, but I can't sit still or stand still for too long . .. and I had trouble sleeping because of it because the side I was laying on would hurt.

ImaginationMama

Comment by ImaginationMama (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• So, it winds up I don't have kidney stones . . . just muscular pain from bending down to pick up my huge toddler everyday!!! LOL!
    ImaginationMama

Comment by ImaginationMama (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011