Do you give your kids vitamins?

Both of my boys take Flintstones complete vitamins every morning?

Asked by Jssg1986 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 5 year old takes vitamins daily, but I've been told my youngest (turns 2 May 3rd) is too young to start on vitamins yet. Waiting for when he's old enough to start then they will both be on daily vitamins.

Answer by shortmommy23 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• ha ha NO heres why i was giving my lil one vitamins and about an hour after i would give them to her she was horrible like bouncing off the walls hhorrible. this happened for about a week i couldnt figure out why she would get so bad in the afternoon. i quit giving her the vitamins and all was calm once again. i know wierd huh?

Answer by jodi205 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My children are 3.5 and 5.5 years old and take a multi vitamin all year round and in the winter we add a chewable Vit D and Vit C to the mix along with Echincea and Zinc whenever we know we have been exposed to something like the stomach flu that just went through our house.

Answer by aeneva at 1:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Ha!  Good old Flintstone vitamins.  Mine take one every morning. 

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• @ shortmommy23....the flintstones vitamins you can give at 2, but u can only give them half, my youngest is 2 and gets half everyday

Comment by Jssg1986 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My 3 year old looooooves his vitamins and he loves his routine. He won't get through his morning without!

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yes, but we give a multi vitamin and mineral supplement that is based on weight. Its a powder that you disolve into water. They also take an additional calcium supplement (that I usually just throw in a smoothie), probiotic (as needed) and omega fatty acid supplements. It sounds like alot but its just one small drink and a omega gummy. If they need probiotics I just squirt the liquid or mix powder into something they are already eating.

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i give my new born iron cuz im breastfeeding and know i dont take in all the vitimins i should

Answer by Dani3lla at 1:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• my 19 month old takes a daily vitamin with his breakfast... "Nature's Plus Animal Parade"... I tried to give him fish oil, mix it in with his juice or milk, but he refused to drink it, lol...

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Just a gummy multivitamin, they love it.

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011