Is it just me?

Should I be mad at the fact that my DH wants me to make his breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. I mean I know I should, but no matter how I am feeling he expects me to jump when he wants and then when I do make him food he won't eat it because its too much or all a sudden he doesn't like what i made when he said he loved it before. Besides that I have 2 boys that need to be fed b4 my DH is and he wants to be 1st, its like he is jealous of our boys because the attention they get. He only wants, wants and wants more he won't help me with the boys hardly but he makes it seem like he is the only one who takes care of the kids and works. BTW I am a SAHM.

Jssg1986

Asked by Jssg1986 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• If you are a housewife it's your job to be a housewife, right? Doesn't mean he should bark commands at you and expect you to jump when he says but if you chose to let him make the income while you make the household you should hold up your end of the deal.
    Anonymous

• No, its not just you.My dh has unintentionally TRIED acting like that a few times. First time he grumbled ,moaned and groaned because I made his lunch "wrong"..I said do it yourself then..I'm not a damn waitress. So from then on..he's made his own lunch..if he does it wrong, thats his problem.He USED to have to be FIRST to get dinner...and I'd be standing there waiting with all the kids empty plates waiting to get thier food. I finally put my foot down about that too. I told him..women and children first..don't you have any manners.I have to cut up there food and everything..the least you can do is let me get thier food for them first. HE just kinda laughed..I don't think he had thought of it that way and was just hungry and just wanted his food. Then there have been times when he claimed to love a meal so much but when I made it again, he complained.I gave him the eyeball..he ate it.LOL. whatever!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If he expects it, then no way in hell should you do ALL of that. My Husband would never expect me to make all His meals, and yes - We have discussed it. My Husband is a perfectly capable Adult and a REAL Man..He fixes His own breakfast and lunch because, in His eyes, I am NOT His Mother, and I don't need to do everything for Him. I do make breakfast sometimes, as does He, otherwise We fend for Ourselves, just like We do with lunch. Cooking is something We both love to do, so We switch off for dinner.

I think your guy is being a brat, no offense. Needing constant attention and acting like a child with what you do cook..I wouldn't stand for it. He either needs to realize he is a grown male and you do have to tend to the kids a lot, or he can get the hell out.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Wait...what? What do you mean, you know you SHOULD? Where is that written? I think it's nice of you to offer to do it, but how often is he returning the favor?
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Doesn't he work? The way you worded it,it sounds like he's home during the day.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No he is a big boy & can fend for himself when needed and no need to be jealous of the kids thats ridiculous I think. Ya dinner should be made etc. but to expect it 100% of the time (breakfast, lunch too) is not realistic I think.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You should talk to him and tell him that his demanding picky ways are bothering you and making you feel like nothing is good enough. Tell him you could use some help sometimes, too. Being a SAHM is a 24/hr job and just cause he makes a paycheck doesnt make ur job any less hard. My SO has found this out now that I'm working and he's not. But I appreciate him b/c I know what its like.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 7:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011