I have shoulder length hair that is a little thick but not too thick. My hair is so hard to curl. I want to curl my hair, but it never looks right. Any suggestions on curling irons and sprays? Thank you!

passionmom119

Asked by passionmom119 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• don't curl your hair with product in it unless the product is heat protective. it will fry!!!!!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 11:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• my hair is the same way a curling iron doesnt cut it i buy the hot curlers for my hair. gives my hair a spiral type look and as for hair spray i like panten curl lift and i also use there mouse befor i put the curlers in. good luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Instead of just using a hair spray, use some hair putty or styling paste afterwards too, just finger through lightly on the curl, it will help it stay.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• YOUR HAIR SHOULD HOLD A CURL, UNLESS YOU ARE IN A REALLY HUMID PLACE LIKE FLORIDA. I AM A HAIRSTYLIST AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR YOU TO DO IS TO TAKE THIN SECTIONS WHEN YOU ARE CURLING YOUR HAIR, THIS WILL ALLOW FOR A BETTER CURL. THEN SPRAY WITH A GOOD HOLDING SPRAY. I LIKE REDKEN AND IF YOU LOOKING FOR VOLUME TRY REDKEN GUTS10. HOPE THIS HELPS!
    mommyjoi

Answer by mommyjoi at 9:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• . if u want tho... put a palm full size of moose in yur hair while still wet... Blow dry it so it poofs it out..... Than if you have a STRAIGHTNER.... curl it with the straightner.... i find that with my hair which is very thick but also long... my curls hold ALL day when i curl it with the straightner.... and all i do is....

- Palm size full of Moose in wet hair.
    - Flip my head over and blow it dry....not neatly or anything just make it dry.
    - Do sections.... Starting from bottom to top.
    - If you dont kno how to curl you hair with a straightner than look on YOUTUBE. it wil explain...
    - Curl your hair and spray little amount of Freeze hairspray on your curls.... TOO MUCH PRODUCT CAN ACTUALLY PULL THE CURL AND MAKE YOUR CURLS COME OUT.....

Let me kno hwo it goes ha.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Spray the section of hair your going to curl with hairspray first than curl it than once you have all your hair curled spray again.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 6:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2008