Do you know?

Im trying to find a website for courthouse weddings. Any ideas? I cant find anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Courthouse wedding.... like justice of the peace kind of thing? I wouldnt recommend it... it's such a sad way to get married.
    Anonymous

• all you have to do is go to your courthouse in your county. i know that my husband and i got married in texas in the bell county court house in killeen texas. it cost us 35 for the liceance and 2 to have the jp do the service. very cheap but he was gettin ready to deploy so we had to post pone our big wedding.
    Anonymous

• i got married at the court house...we saved money had a big party afterward.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Normally when you choose a justice of the peace wedding you just stand before the judge and get married. It isnt anything fancy or special. I do know I have heard on valentines day some justice of the peaces do offer a valentine special where you get extra and it isnt just running to a judge. I preferred my church wedding because I wanted it to be small, simple but beautiful. We had around 30 people and it was great and not that much work or money.

Answer by gemgem at 6:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• its not a sad way to get married not everyone can afford a wedding. how rude of you to say that anon. you get married how you want.
    all you have to do is go to your local court house file for a liceance there is usually a 3day waiting period till you can actually get married then you go back have the jp do the ceremony and ur married.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I had a civil service, married by a justice of the peace. nothing sad about it, that was kinda rude. I loved my wedding. When you go to apply for your wedding certificate, they can tell you what to do.
    Anonymous

• I had a small church weddign too. We couldn't afford a big one. We had about 40 guests and it didn't really cost much for the wedding. It was beautiful, we payed for it ourselves and def. had little money. We had a big party afterwards too but just didn't want to do it in the courthouse. My Mom and a few of my friends got married that way, I think it was sad too. However, it's your wedding! Just go down to your local courthouse and they can help you
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I had a civil service as well, and it was a regular wedding. I am just an atheist and didnt want to get married in a church but it was a regular wedding. And she had a whole speech line out. it was about a 10 min wedding and it was wonderful. there is nothing sad about it...I could go on about church weddings but that was not my choice, so to each their own. Go have your civil service and make it the best day ever.
    Anonymous

• I know that is hella rude to say its sad. We are having a baby and I want to be married before the baby is here. We dont have the money to have a nice wedding. We plan on having a nice wedding in a couple years!!
    Anonymous

• You could always do it outside when it becomes nice. That's beautiful and costs nothing! Just an idea...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008