Ladies, I need you again! I just got ask to teach the older kids Sunday school. I am so

excited. I want to make it enjoyable so they will keep coming back but also educational. I need any ideas you have. You ladies have helped me a lot with different things and I appreciate it more than you know. There are so many wonderful people on here, I am glad I found CM. thanks

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 1:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The one thing that I always enjoy about Sunday School, was that we always had challenges going on! And, Showing up you get a point! Remembering to bring the things you need another point! You bring a guess! Things like that run it for 6weeks or so then the person in the lead gets a prize!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My children in sunday love doing crafts related to the topic, and I always allow the last 10 mins of class for playtime among children. It really helps encourage friendship among the kids and allows them free time after all the structured activities. Good Luck!
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• When I taught religious school, I liked focusing on Tikkun Olam - repairing the world. Have the class come up with a mitzvah project (good deed), like making regular visits to a senior center, stocking shelves at a food bank, etc.

Kids also like learning about the historical origins of prayers and rituals.

A unit on comparative religions can be enlightening

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2011