It's such a beautiful sunny day! I am really wanting to plant flowers. I want stuff that comes back

and is very colorful. any ideas? i know it is to soon but i want to be ready! lol got pics? share please and thank you!

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 1:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I love Black eyed Susans. They bloom from July to the first frost. They spread and are so cute!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I love Moss Rose (portulaca) - it grows everywhere and I'm pretty sure it comes back. Can't wait to start getting my flowers planted again!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I

I have these asian lillies that are bloomed all summer and multiply more and more each year. I alos have black eyed susans, white daisys, and lillies of the valley. 

mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Beautiful mamaada! I like all the idea's so far. now i am really ready. lol seeing those pics makes me want to shop.
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Go to your local nurseries and they will be able to give you good information on what grows and comes back (perennials). You don't want to plant something that doesn't do well. I'd tell you what I grow, but I don't want to mislead you.

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• What zone are you in? I am in zone 6 I have Monkshood,Lily's,Daisy's,Roses,Geranium(perennial type),Phlox,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Perennials are what you are looking for. The wonderful thing about a perennial garden is that if you look when you buy, you can plant a garden that literally has something blooming from spring to frost. Chrysanthemums for the fall, Orchids, Lillies or any bulb plant for the spring, Purple Cone Flowers, Black Eyed Susans, Shasth Daisy's, just go to a garden center and have fun. Oh and as of late I am really into ornamental grass, so cool in the summer and a totally different look in the fall and winter. Happy gardening.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:31 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yep, buy perennials.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I dont have a zone chart but I think I am in 5 or6. central WV. Thanks so much ladies! I have lots of great ideas now. I new they where called perennials i just didnt know if everyone else knew. Were I live it is already spring like weather. we have 100 frogs (no i didnt count them lol) chirping in the pond in the morning and evening. Robins are back and I am ready! lol
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2011