When I am going to stop feeling FAT and feel pregnant?

I am only 6wks along but I feel more fat then I do pregnant. My clothes are feeling tighter and i just see a fat belly no pregnant belly. And I am eating more then I was before and I try not to but I cant help it cuz I get weak so I can something to give me some energy.

meliemae

Asked by meliemae at 6:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• soon enough dear dont rush it lol. dont worry about eating thats what you need to do right now. congrats.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Drink alot of water. that will help give you energy. my dr's office told me i'm supposed to drink a gallon a day!.. i dont though. but i drink as much as possible. and as for the fat thing.. since its your first baby, and depending on your height you probably wont get a baby belly till around 5-6 months. if your tall sometimes longer. but it will come soon enough! you'll have days where you feel like you've "poped" and it will be so much bigger.
    donnamama

Answer by donnamama at 7:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• around month 5
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 8:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• also...don't fall into the trap of thinking that more food=more energy. its simply not true. UP your water intake (dehydration causes more fatigue than so-called hunger) and UP your energy level--that seems counter-intuitive but it really truly WORKS! you only need 300 extra calories per day...that's a cup and a half of yogurt or so.... BEST WISHES!!! and CONGRATS!!! =D
    Katness

Answer by Katness at 2:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• your supposed to gain at least 20 pounds during pregnancy its healthy for the baby so just go with it for the baby and its pretty easy to loose after you have the baby just walk it off
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 5:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I agree with PP about only needing an extra 300 calories... If you feel like you really just want to eat eat eat, there are always celery sticks and carrots! Healthy, filling, and won't make you "fat."

I didn't really "pop" until week 20... hang in there, and take advantage of loose dresses and sweatsuits...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Chances are you don't have a "fat" belly, either. :)

Add 300 health calories a day, that's all baby needs!

And you'll start feeling pregnant rather than fat when you embrace your body as a growing, baby-carrying vessel. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2008