Did you ever have a song that lifts your spirit and makes you feel stronger?

When I get way down in the dumps, this song always makes me feel stronger. I am a Rock, I am an Island. Also, No I won't back down, i dont think that is the actual names but some of you knw what i mean. lol what's your song? i have had these all my adult life. not sure how it started but it works.

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 1:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Mine is a song of praise and worship--"Because He Lives", by Bill and Gloria Gaither. Just singing the chorus can lift me--"Because HE lives, I can face tomorrow. Because HE lives, all fear is gone. Because I know HE holds the future, and life is worth the living, just because HE lives." I can't tell you how many times a day I sing those beautiful words.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Any song that my Son can sing to with me..which is many. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yes, "I Just Want to Dance" By the Mavericks. It lifts my spirirts and has me dancing around the house all by MYSELF.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• For me Three Dog Night- The Road to Shambala

and I am a Rock is the name of that Simon and Garfunkel song you listed.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• LOL..this is kinda funny but its a church song I learned on the church bus when I was a kid. When thins would get stressful at the assisted Living facility I used to work at, I'd start singing it and get the residents singing and clapping with me..always puts me in a good mood.Once in awhile I start singing it at hime too
    "I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river...I've got joy like a fountain in my soul..oh i've got peace like a river ive got peace like a river in my soul"
    :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I always pop in one of my Rascal Flatts cds and listen to the song "Stand" to help get me back up when I feel like I'm just falling down hill and about to give up. This song always inspires me and Rascal Flatts songs are always inspiring and encouraging on some sort of level or in some sort of way.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• When I am down, I listen to music from when I was younger (like old Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls) it just makes me happier!
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• "Love can Turn the World" by Benjamin Gaither, Jeff Silvey, and Kim Willimas chorus:
    "If cool can turn to diamonds, and sand can turn to pearls, If a worm can turn into a butterfly, then love can turn the world, love can turn the world."
    Always makes me feel so much better.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 12:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• lol I do that too MyAngel003. I like all the songs above. You ladies have good choices in music!
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Superfreak ~ makes me smile.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011