Wedding or no wedding....

so me and my husband have a quick simple cout house marrige after two yrs he turns around and askes me if i want to have a wedding ,,,, i didnt know what to say i think it would be nice but its a waste of money for somethng we really dont need

Dani3lla

Asked by Dani3lla at 1:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• maybe since you did not have a wedding (and it might seem odd to people to have a wedding this long after the original marriage), maybe you could have anniversary party to celebrate your union and that way it would make him happy and you could keep it on a smaller scale as well.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think that is sweet! Don't say no too fast! Think about it awhile.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Sounds fun :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We have been together almost 12 years, but we haven't gotten married. We have agreed that if we ever do get married, it will be in Vegas, and we will have a small reception at home.

For us, we would just rather save the money, and not have the stress.

However, my girlfriends who have planned their weddings since they were 5, would be devastated if they didn't have the big dream wedding.

I think it is really sweet that HE is the one that brought it up, but if you think that it would be a lot of money that could be better spent elsewhere, tell him.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We never had a wedding either, I would love to, DH doesn't think it is neccessary.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Well its pretty much up to you two, but you only live once and its nice and healthy to have those unforgettable happy memories.
    KlieneMutter

Answer by KlieneMutter at 8:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011