Too close to client

My husband has a female client that I feel he is too close to. She is his biggest client and he does catteur to

her.  I think they are too close and he would put her wishes ahead of me.  If she wants to go to lunch after a long meeting at her home he goes.  I told him I don't approve but he cares about her feelings not mine.

What would you do.  Only helpfull suggestions, please not nasty ones.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• That is a hard one. U really have to trust him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Having lunch at a clients home seems inappropriate to me. I'd definitely be watching this one. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• He goes to her home? What kind of business does he do?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• He does financial planning.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I might, actually, talk to him about getting an office. ANd, he doesn't have to go to lunch. He could always tell her that he has another client meeting.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• She sounds like she has a dependent personality and takes advantage of that. Is her meeting her for lunch solely for business purposes and in the interest of keeping his best client happy or is there more to it than that? That is the real question....if it is strictly business you need to point out to him he is putting work before family and that is not good, but if there is more to it than business then I would definately put my foot down or in his behind.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think he goes out to lunch after the meeting because she asked him to. He said if he said no
    or made up an accuse it would be rude.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If it was a guy, would he still think it was rude? I have to be honest . . . . I would be very uncomfortable with that. I, on purpose, do not spend alone time with other men . . . if I have a guy friend, then our get-togethers involve the families.

Then, again, I know it is normal for alot of people to spend alone time with friends of the opposite sex . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Is it him or her that you are worried about? Like do you think he would do something, or do you think she would make a move? If she's a big client, that brings in good business, then it seems to make sense for him to do these things UNLESS he doesn't do it with any other clients. If that's the case, then I would openly tell him your feelings. Sometimes guys are oblivious to how it seems inappropriate, esp if he views it as business only. Its a good sign that he tells you though, b/c suspicion should arise if he started lying about the meetings/lunches.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• He needs to learn to set boundaries but like most men he won't. This reminds me of men who put moms (work, alcohol, drugs, video games, etc) before the wife and family. He needs to get his priorities straight. He's being rude to not only you but to her leading her on making her think he's all about her. Being a suck up to her belittles him as a man. She's using him and he's allowing her to use him as her pet. Tell him to grow a set, stand up straight and walk like a man.
    Anonymous