HELP My 4 year old bite a child at school ?

When my hubby went to pick up my 4 year old the teacher said that my son bite a boy at school and that we should talk to him so we did and he said the boy tried to take something away how would you guys do or talk to a 4 year old and wat would be the consequence he is going to apologize today so is that a good thing we bought him a littel car for his friend is that okay are we teaching the correct thing i never had this happen before i want more advice please

FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Asked by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 1:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• wow!! Biting! yikes!! My son never bit anyone. Seems like u r doing the right thing but u should let the teacher know that the other boy was trying to take something away from your child.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Biting is a disproportionate and inappropriate response. It's okay to use the word wrong when describing his behaviour. Reinforce using words when having rouble with another child or getting help from an adult. Also, determine the consequence if biting happens again and make it a serious one - not hitting or anything but one that will have an effect. Good luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• THANKS I WILL I HAVE 5 KIDS NONE OF THEM EVER DID THIS BEFORE
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Comment by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011