Help, I need shoes for my son

I'm in the midst of divorcing a deadbeat, trying to catch up from being unemployed for a while and unexpected costs. I don't have enough money to buy my 4 year old shoes because I'm struggling to keep the roof over our heads. Does anyone know where I can find free shoes here in Atlanta? It's gotten cold and I feel so bad to be in this situation. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I'm usually the one donating but now that I need help I don't know where to turn!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Shopping

• Is there a Rescue Ministries there? That or try Catholic Charities -- they always have clothing and/or food.
    Anonymous

• You should post in the "Items Needed" section on Craigslist...I have ended up giving away lots of stuff to people because the items they had listed that they needed were things my son had outgrown or just wasn't using anymore.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 7:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Check for a freecycle in your area, a lot of people are willing to give :) go to www.freecycle.org
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Salvation Army
    Anonymous

• Salvation army isnt free as far as I know.Freecycle is a good resource.Good luck!It's hard for a lot of us these days. :(
    Anonymous

• You might also consider taking some things to a local kids resale shop and seeing if you can get "credit" to swap for stuff he needs.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Catholic Charities Phone # is 404-881-6571 In the Atlanta area.
    What size does he wear shoes & clothes?
    Tinkerbell3396

Answer by Tinkerbell3396 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• You posted anonymous, but if your four year old is w/o shoes, send me a message.
    LovinIt247365

Answer by LovinIt247365 at 3:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2008