I fell off my bike and hurt my arm, where do I go?

I need the advice of a mom! I'm a 20 year old college student currently living in Georgia. I had a close collision with a car that resulted in me falling off my bike. Right when I fell off, my arm went so limp I literally couldn't move it or my hand. It felt fine a day later, but since then has been increasingly sore and difficult to rotate. I'm afraid I injured it and want to get it checked out. Can I just call any doctor's office/pediatrician for an appointment , or should I go to the emergency room or what? I do have health insurance but I don't have a doctor in Georgia. I want to avoid going to the school clinic, it's really awful and apparently they only deal with illness. Please help! Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• If you have health insurance then you have a PCP and have answered your own question. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Are there any 24 hour emergency clinics in your area? Just do a google search then call and make sure they take your insurance. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You can always call around and make an appointment with a doctor's office, if you find you can't wait until an appointment, try and urgent care clinic and lastly, the ER. Not everyone with insurance has a PCP, but it would be a good idea for you to to get one for situations like this.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would go to an ER. Don't waste time with clinics.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011