Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I fell off my bike and hurt my arm, where do I go?

I need the advice of a mom! I'm a 20 year old college student currently living in Georgia. I had a close collision with a car that resulted in me falling off my bike. Right when I fell off, my arm went so limp I literally couldn't move it or my hand. It felt fine a day later, but since then has been increasingly sore and difficult to rotate. I'm afraid I injured it and want to get it checked out. Can I just call any doctor's office/pediatrician for an appointment , or should I go to the emergency room or what? I do have health insurance but I don't have a doctor in Georgia. I want to avoid going to the school clinic, it's really awful and apparently they only deal with illness. Please help! Thank you!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

Answers (4)
  • If you have health insurance then you have a PCP and have answered your own question. :)

    Answer by Memigen at 2:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • Are there any 24 hour emergency clinics in your area? Just do a google search then call and make sure they take your insurance. Good luck:)

    Answer by shanlaree at 2:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • You can always call around and make an appointment with a doctor's office, if you find you can't wait until an appointment, try and urgent care clinic and lastly, the ER. Not everyone with insurance has a PCP, but it would be a good idea for you to to get one for situations like this.

    Answer by MomMom23 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

  • I would go to an ER. Don't waste time with clinics.

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health

Next question overall (Relationships)
Lunch one on one

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN