Who coupons?

I have a few friends that coupon and they really save..They also stock pile many items..I was just wondering who else does this and what are your tricks of the trade...

motherganey5

Asked by motherganey5 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Shopping

• I have tried to but I just am not an organized enough person. I dont make lists to go to the store bc I'll leave it in the car/home or lose it. I really really want to get into it though.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I usually use coupons for items we use the most. I would like to see coupons offered for fresh fruits and veggies as well as meats instead of prepackaged items.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Id love to get into it! Now that Ive watched the couponing show on TLC.. I feel like im throwing away money! But I dont know how to get coupons really. we dont get the sunday paper. and the coupons i do see are for things we do not eat/ use.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• First, getting coupons can be as easy as asking grandma to save hers from her newspaper or going to the library (mine has a huge tub of coupons that come in all their papers there for the cutting!).

Second, only use them on items you either will end up getting for free after the coupon (doubling and tripling helps if you can find a store that does it), or for items you actually use.

Wait until the item goes on sale so you can use the coupon on the sale price...don't use the coupon just because you have it unless you NEED the item right away for something.

When I am off over the summer and can take the time to clip coupons, compare ads, make lists, etc, I can really get my grocery bill low. Plus, I have been able to create a stock on almost everything I use on a regular basis, so I am freer to shop ONLY the sales. It saves a lot to have a "stock" on hand to work with so you can make the most of sales.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I coupon and I share what I don't need/use with family members or my mom's co-workers so everyone can benefit. I look at the sales papers in the Sunday paper and stock up on items I used in my house that I see for 1.00 in the sales papers, which saves a great deal. I also get bread and some other things at the local Dollar Tree store (like kids' snacks, soups, canned veggies, pasta, pasta sauce,etc). I stock up on meats that are on sale really good priced and this way I don't have to buy meat for a while. I make a grocery list and get all coupons for as many things on my list as possible, I put them all with the list in my purse(won't forget about it since I take my purse everywhere) and I do my shopping and read each coupon in detail of how many items you have to get to use the coupon and figure if it's cheaper to use the coupon or just buy one of the item only. I would like to save more money than I do now though..
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I do. We have saved quite a bit by doing so. Check out google krazy coupon lady. Get her book. If you are interested. I've learned alot.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• vOh, I am totally into coupons and promo codes. We have saved soooooo much money.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Coupons save you so much money especially if you are shopping for something particular then go to that website and print out a coupon.
    Mom0413

Answer by Mom0413 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• to give gifts and save money
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My MIL does, and she rocks at it. But the only down side is driving all over and across town to use all her coupons. Maybe she really only breaks even. But I think it's still a good idea.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 2:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011