Can I even win???

How come everytime I come up with a baby name my SO finds a way that the name I like sucks.... Like Sophia sounds like sopha and Bailey is for boys and girls and I dont want my daughter to be confused as a boy..... Just straight up dumb things....... The be he can come up with is Lilly, my cousins daughters name ( There are only 3 baby girls in the family and Lilly is taken damn it!) I have picked sooooo many different names and each one is wrong!
SOOOOO can I ever win???????

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Baby Names

• Men are stupid. All they have to say is negative. If he can't come up with any decent ones himself, then you should be the one choosing. Forget about his stupid little remarks.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You will! :) You just haven't come up with the perfect name yet is all.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Let him come up with some and then you figure out how to shoot them down......OR better yet, both of you come up with lists and those names that are on both lists and the ones you will work with.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My SO said the same thing about sophie! Haha. You just havent found the one yet. Just keep looking. Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I tried to have him pick out names and he picked out Lilly..... THATS ALL!!!! He is being such an ass :)
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I made a list of one name from each letter in the alphabet that I liked and then gave it to Dh to pick his top 10 favorites then from his top ten I picked my top 5 and from there we narrowed it down to a first and middle name.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• A World of Baby Names-Teresa Norman is a wonderful book of baby names. My husband and I each went through it independently and picked out the names we liked. We then sat down and got to throw out each other's picks that we hated for whatever reason, with the caveat that there was veto power. From there we'd negotiate over what was left. Funny thing was that after every winnowing we wound up picking from the five names or so that we BOTH had decided we liked from the original, independent sit-down.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011