SAHMs

If you EXPECT your husband to go to work every day and bring home an income why is it unreasonable for him to EXPECT you to clean the house, cook the meals, and take care of the kids everyday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• Its not. If I stayed at home which I hope to soon be doing then that would be my job. Since I work 40 too I expect to share the house and children responsibilities.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i do clean the house and take care of the kids and do laundry and drive everyone around and run all the errands and answer the phone. i did it all when i worked too so what is your point
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Not sure if this question is trying to start a fight or not but I will say I DO LOVE to take care of the house, and my husband and son!! It's MY JOB! My husband also helps me AND works outside the home! It's an EQUAL marriage! We help each other and it's always been that way.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I do all of that daily on top of watching two other kids here at my own house during the week (not so easy to get it all done at once when you have a 6,5,2, and 22 monthold running around like crazy lol). Now I'm sure that the SAHM's that do all of this would love a simple Thank you dear from the hubby when he gets home as appreciation for what they did/ for them doing their part while he was at work all day. Not sure if anyone else agrees, just saying my opinion.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If you'd like him to help with your job, are you willing to go to work for him and help with his job?

Why the hell do you care how some others marriages work? Worry about your life and marriage and let others worry about theirs. Like one said marriage should be EQUAL.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• So SAHM are never allowed to have a break every once in a while?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Im wondering if my husband created a fake account to ask this .lol
    Anonymous

• I am a single mom and currently unemployed. I have started a business but I am home, Everything falls to me if it is going to happen. On a personal note I find this question very judgmental and offensive
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 2:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Not unreasonable at all. My house is spic and span, lunch and dinner made for my family, kids are bathed and set. And as Jodi says I also do all the other running around around here. Why? Are you saying it unreasonable?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My DH goes to work every day AND he comes home and helps out here, out of respect and love for me. He knows it's a hard job being a stay at home mother- SAHMs don't really get a 'break' per say, and it's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to try to care for a toddler and a preschooler all day every day. He realizes this and tries to give me a hand when he gets home in the afternoons. He tries to let me have a minute to myself, and he helps with the chores I haven't gotten to yet, like dishes or cleaning up after dinner.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011