Potty question.

At night our newbie potty trainer will have to wear pull ups because he wakes with both pee and poop. My question is, how long are we going to have to do pull ups at night? We have only been training since Jan and he just turned 3 in December. I heard we will be buying pull ups for lots of years!? Is that right or wrong or what is your experience? Thanks!

prettyinink2011

Asked by prettyinink2011 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My dd will be 5 this yr and she is still having accidents. Some kids just have a hard time waking up to go potty. We have started making her pee before bed, and then around 12 or 1 am i will go in wake her up and take her to the potty. then put her back in bed.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• it does take a while, but stop giving him fluids an hr before bed time. and minium snacking.. so that he won't be pooping. My almost 3 yr. old barely has a wet pull up in the morning..
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It does take a while. My daughter has been training since January as well. Some nights she will wake up on here own and use the restroom and wake up dry. We put pull ups on here at night as well. It doesn't take years but they will have accident every once in a while even when they are night trained.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It really depends on the kid. My oldest took years to be dry at night. My younger 2 were just about 1 month or less after daytime training. They really have no control while they are sleeping. Be patient. Good luck!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Patient? Man I wish they sold patience in the store lol.
    prettyinink2011

Comment by prettyinink2011 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It varies all over the place for kids being dry at night. I know kids who were dry at 5 and others who went to 10 or older. It all comes in time and pullups should be used for as long as it takes (with no frustration, anger etc)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011