What to do to keep him busy??

My son will be 3 this month. He is getting tubes put in and his tonsils out tomorrow,
The next week will be a change for us.. What kind of activites can i do with him, to keep him busy?
we used to watch t.v alot but now we have turned that off , i just don't have alot of money so i don't know what to do with him so he can learn and have fun ??

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 2:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Read to him and have him make up stories back to you, play dough, puzzles, building blocks (can be anything really), colouring, finger painting.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You have a computer..look up pre-k worksheets that he can do and print them out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• sesamestreet.com noggin.com nick.com disney.com
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My 3 year old son loves worksheets. Puzzles, books, playdough. Playing with hot wheels. But the BIG thing to remember is that you don't have to keep him busy all the time. Down time is good too.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Games: Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Memory
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have a 3 year old that won't sit still even with the flu. To keep him occupied we made homeade playdough and then I sat with him for two and a half hours making all sorts of things. We colored and drew and used stickers with his favorites Monster Trucks. We played Candy Land, I am amazed how long he will sit with me and do those cheap supermarket preschool workbooks, we read lots of books, we had a picnic in the living room with tents. At the end of the day I kept him from running around and making himself sicker but I was exhausted--anyhow those are some ideas. Its almost spring too, you could start planting some seeds.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011