Thinking about those steam iron things..

ok i don't know what they are acctually called the steam iron things, where you steam your cloths on the hanger and the wrinkles magically come out..lol does anyone have one? do they work? and are they expensive?

raynebowstarz

Asked by raynebowstarz at 2:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have used one and my mom got it from HSN and it was expensive and didn't work.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• ok thank you!
    raynebowstarz

Comment by raynebowstarz (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Are you talking about a garment steamer? I have a garment steamer. I bought it on clearance at Target. It works great! There are certain fabrics that need a couple of steams and some fabrics should be steamed from the inside of the fabric, but I haven't met anything that the steamer can't tackle yet. Additionally, we can use it to freshen our upholstery, mattresses, rugs, carpet, curtains and drapes. I even put a little microfiber bonnet over the nozzle and cleaned my blinds, which isn't in the manual, but I just thought I'd give it a try.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yes misses nick thats what i'm talking about! lol. cool i may get one and give it a go i'm tired of wrinkled cloths and i hate ironing, plus i don't have an iron board they take up too much space in my small apartment
    raynebowstarz

Comment by raynebowstarz (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have the Tobi garment steamer and it works quite well. My Dad gave it to me as a holiday gift a couple of years ago, so I can't tell you how much it cost, but I can tell you that I really like it. I steam all of my skirts & tops to get the wrinkles out from hanging them dry. I also use it to freshen our mattresses, sofa and drapes.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011