Is it worth it? Do I have a case?

Back on 8/30/2010 I went into a local t-mobile store to look at the new phones available as my husband’s phone was ready for a full upgrade. While I was in there a representative sold me on getting two new phones and upgrading my plan telling me that my bill would be approximately $125.00 a month. I agreed because I thought that sounded like an amazing deal. We changed everything and the representative printed out a contract extension which I signed. The contract extension says QUOTE: “ Grand Total of ALL monthly recurring service charges (excluding tax) $124.98” However, I have been getting charged approximately $250.00 per month because they are telling me the web plan was not included even though it has my web service listed on the contract and I changed the web at the same time. I have tried talking to customer care multiple times over the last 5 months to get the issue resolved and no one will help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have also spoken to someone in the executive customer service department who also have told me there is nothing they can do and that they will not escalate it any further. Our bill is now over $1000.00 dollars past due because they put a hold on my account to avoid service interruption while the matter is resolved. I have read through the T-mobile terms and conditions in regards to arbitration and contacted the American Arbitration Association to get the details as to what would happen if i was to file a claim. From what i understand i would need to pay a filling fee of $125.00 to get the claim started and that T-mobile would be required to pay a minimum of $900.00 to the American Arbitration Association or T-mobile can chose to settle it with me outside of arbitration.

What would YOUR next step be?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You have a signed contract detailing the services and costs that include the web for the family plan (2 or more lines)? I wouldn't pay out any money, I would keep calling. I wouldn't give up if the contract clearly spells out the service. I'd also email, and write letters until I had a valid explanation or they realized they have made an error.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If it clearly states everything in the contract that you signed, including web access, data plan all of that nitty gritty for $125 and you're NOT being charged that price I'd sue. Make sure ALL your ducks are in a row and you have documentation of EVERYTHING before you file though. The burden of proof will be on you to prove the bait and switch you've suffered.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would call, demand to stay on the phone until the supervisor gets on the phone. Customer service agents are kind of like gatekeepers, and will do what they can to get the money. If the supervisor cannot help you, ask for HER/HIS supervisor. If this does not work, do some research on the internet for VP at T-mobile, you can probably figure out the e-mail address. Start bugging the execs.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We had sort of this same issue with another company once. We kept demanding to talk to a supervisor, their manager, and whoever was over them. We got hung up on several times, told we were just being difficult, accused of stealing their time and money, all sorts of things, but we eventually got to the vice president of the company! We talked to him, and he refunded all the money we'd paid, AND he apologized! It may take a dozen calls, but if you stick with it(and possibly file a Better Business Bureau claim) you may get the results you want. Don't settle for 'my manager will call you in 24 hours' crap- they never call back, and they are standing right there anyway!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Fight it I am so sick of these cell phone co's if it states it & you were told that & its on paper fight it.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I actually can help you, but your Anony so I need you to msg me. :-)
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You dont have a case, I think you are misunderstanding what happened, what it sounds like you did is you did a full upgrrade.

Sounds like you are not eligible for a full upgrade for free so you new phones are put on a payment plan.

I had t-mobile and did the same thing, you need to listen when the company explains to you what you have done with your plan.

You have no excuse either cause you were in person, you should have read the whole contract, if you did you wouldnt be in this situation.

I myself did it over the phone, so i couldnt read the contract, but you were there, you "read it" and signed it.

A lawyer is not going to help you are just not listening. Also T-mobile states on thier contracts price on services can change, I think you are overlooking something.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• By the way, its why I let, cause their contracts do state they can change prices and plans when they want.

If you read the contract that would have been your first sign to the deal was too good to be true.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Your an impulse buyer its not their fault, thats what their deals are for, impulse buyers(* a bad habit that will get you in trouble).
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011