Sahm's tell me..............warning this is long...

what does your day consist of ? mine?
up at five thirty or six every morning (even on weekends) get dh's lunch ready for work,take the dog out,feed and water dog and cat,go to basement switch laundry and put new load in ,bring dry laundry up to fold,go out and shovel sidewalk (mine and my mother in laws) get hubby up,go out and start the car. take hubby to work,come home clean the kitchen including wiping up the floor on my hands and knees. go to dining rooom same thing hardwood floors on my hands and knees,clean bird cage(do that every other day)fresh food and water for the bird,living room vacume ,dust and pick up toys,sweep the steps that lead to the second floor,vacume second floor clean bathroom including toilets and bathtub and wipe up bathroom floor on hands and knees again clean daughters room than mine (making all the beds) oh i have answered the phone several times by now. one was my mil she needs to go to store so i stop in the middle of everything and take her to the store. one hour later i return to my work folding laundry now and again switching clothes in the washer to dryer putting another load in oldest comes tome and says you know i have to work today so again i stop and take her to work daughter messed up living room clean it again lunch is also included in there and dishes to wash after. now i am getting dinner ready. get it prepared and in th oven or crock pot whatever give lil one a bath. she wants mommy to play so of course i do leaving behind the rest of the chores til we are done oops snack time. more dishes. watch a lil tv with lil one while folding laundry put clothes away lil ones nap is coming up but before that i take the dog out again, lay her down for a nap which takes half hour before she actually goes to sleep shhhh she is asleep well what do you know there is the phone. ohh its hubby he needs me to make a phone call for hi and then call him back. baby awake now. etc etc have to go get dh okay you get what im saying right?

now working moms what is your day like?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm just saying I would stay home but then I would have to clean more often lol. You can jus tclean til your little heart is content but my floors are once a week kinda floors (sure it shows but i'm not home to have guests anyway) :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• can of worms

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I get up around 7am everyday with my 4 young boys...ages 6, 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 10months old after being up a couple times at night to nurse the baby. On weekdays i get my 2 oldest boys ready for school and take them to 2 diffent schools. Run any errands that need done while i have just the 2 youngest boys....go to any doc appts we may have...we have more than the usual family since i have 2 children with special needs. i get what cleaning and chores i can get done before i have to go pick up my pre-schooler. Then its lunch time, nurse the baby again...clean up any mess they have made...with help from the boys that can help. 4 days a week we have early intervention coming into the house to work with our youngest...an OT, PT developmentalist and a dietitian. My husband works 7 days a week 10hour days so i can stay with the boys.....if i worked outside the home i would be working just to pay daycare with having 4 little ones.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It's not easy either way. Sounds like you need a day off to me though! :) I have done both and they both aren't easy.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'm a SAHM. My day? I don't know...I just fly by the seat of my pants. I clean daily, make supper, get the kids to their activities, get together with friends and their kids occasionally, play with my kids etc. I'm bored 90% of the time. Can you tell I'm ready to go back to work?
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• no tnm im not opening a can or worms im tired of whoever keeps posting about working moms having it so much harder than sahm's. we are alll mothers and that is the hardest job one can ever have,why in gods name would you want to bash another mother for being in the positions that she doesnt have to work. i am thankful my dh has a good job and we made the decision together that when i had my last one i didnt have to go back to work til she was in school.
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Get up at 6. let dogs out, jusmp in shower, wake up dd, get dd ready for school, feed her while I get myself ready. Leave by 7:10 to take her to school. Get to work by 7:40~~~~ WORK~~~~Errands on lunch break~~~ leave at 4:30. Pick up dd wherever she is. Take her to whatever activity she has, race home, figure out dinner (or pick up dinner). Have homework time, spend time with dd if wwe have time. Get her showered and put to bed, work out, pack lunches fo rthe next day, clean up dishes, start a load of laundry, put away laundry, look at teh mess that has to wait until weekend. Load car with swim bag, or girl scout stuff or whatever we need for the next day. Look for the dog that I forgot was outside, fall into bed.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Im a sahm & my days are almost always different no matter how much I work to keep them the same. Up at 6:30, get the 6 yr old dressed, brush her hair while she fights me, pack her snack, struggle to put on anything but her cowboy boots for shoes, while yelling up to 17 yr old to make sure he gets his bookbag from my car & put it into dh's car (takes him to school), fight the mad drivers for 30 min after this taking dd to school. After that home for some coffee, then its clean, laundry, mop, pet duties, see dh off to work at 1:30 & oh yea somewhere in here daily someone calls needing a ride (older kids or friends). Off to school again to pick up both kids (another hr down the drain), home, dinner, after school activities 4 times a week for dd, bath, homeworking, reading, put them to bed, and then maybe 30 min to myself.

Answer by gemgem at 3:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Jodi I wish I could stay home sometimes but DAMN that is too much cleaning!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Oh and forgot 17 yr old works so half the time its oh yeah mom run me to work and pick me up later, and Wed, Fri and Sundays he is at church. Wed from 6-8, Friday from 6-10, Sunday basically all day.

Answer by gemgem at 3:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011