to get pregnant or not

between my husband and I we have 3 boys. He has a son but he didn't know him till he was 2 (not his fault). any way I have always wanted another baby. He says no, but when I talk about it he says if it happens he would be happy but he still says no. I think if I go ahead and get pregnant he will just be happy. what is your thoughts.

billober

Asked by billober at 7:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• If he is verbally saying no....then you shouldn't. Respect his position on it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No. He has already told you he does not want another child. Having another child on purpose will only cause issues. It will not make him happy nor make things any better.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he doesn't want one right now and you should let that be. He may change his stance on it later and then it would be better for everybody involved. If you get pregnant without telling him you're trying too, he will probably feel betrayed and that his opinion doesn't matter to you. He may even feel regret; If he's saying no, leave it at no.
    Mrs.Corona1

Answer by Mrs.Corona1 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i wouldnt do it, he needs to be on board 100%
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• just wait and pray...that is what I did!!! and dh finally came around.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• maybe you just aren't in sync. when my hubby and i had our second daughter i was dead set against it, and he wanted another child, (we have four kids, 2 f/ my frist marriage, and our two together). then a year later i wanted another one and he didn't. now it's been 3 years, and we decided, if it happens it happens, if it don't it don't. but no pressure either way.
    ksueditz

Answer by ksueditz at 11:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2008