If YOU were president . . .

What would be two things you would change about our country?

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 3:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If I were president my main goal would be to dissolve the absolute power of congress and restore the power to the people. It would probably go along the lines of many more representatives, and each different law or project would have to be voted on all by itself instead of package deals that are pushed through without anyone knowing what's included. I would also require mission statements on everything that is being funded by the government.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 6:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• End Obamacare and shut down the IRS and replace it with a fair tax system.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'd seal the borders, end all foreign aid, and freeze all government spending. I know, that's three. :-)

BTW, my husband agrees with the idea of the Fair Tax . . . and HE'S an employee of the IRS!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• End ObamaCare and rework a REAL plan addressing immediate issues (pre-existing conditions, tort reform, insurance beyond state lines)

Remove faulty Keynesian theories from our federal government's economic structure... It's time to cut departments. It's time to approach the government’s fiscal mess as an opportunity to make debt reduction reforms...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• 1. Replace all of the executives and anchors at the msm with investigative reporters who are unbiased and will report the news and not be the mouth piece of the progressive/liberal/democratic movement.

2. Then, what agentwanda said. "End Obamacare and shut down the IRS and replace it with a fair tax system."

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Implement a fair/flat tax system, thus eliminating the IRS.

Enforce the laws ALREADY on the books with regards to illegal immigration...and close our borders!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You couldnt pay me enough to take on this mess of a job. No thank you.
    But if I could only pick 2 things, it'd have to be some magic wand to wave & fix the economy & the education system. (B/C it'd take a miracle!
    *And yes, I do like our President. I dont always agree w/ him, but I respect him for who he is & the effort he's making to fix the mess he inherited from 8 years of Bush.
    So, here comes the vote downs from all the liberal, dem bashing moms who dont respect a difference of opinion. OH well, that's why I hardly ever visit this section. Have a nice day :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would want to end abortion and fix welfare.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Fix the tax system

Overhaul the immigration process to encourage legal immigration.

Reform our HCS

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Remove all gas cards, vehicles, planes, credit cards, spending accounts, chit sheets, from all Washington employees of the taxpayers.

Have a huge yardsale of all the storage facilities owned by the federal government and what is left over, donate to homeless shelters in areas other than DC and NY.

And, have a toilet seat cost no more than $10.00.

I know, thats more than 2.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011