Sleep

My DH and I have a problem, our 3 year old daughter will fall asleep in her room and then comes to our room in the middle of the night. We want to get her sleeping through the night in her own room without coming into our room. Does anyone have any ideas to get her sleeping in her room the whole night without waking up?

Mom0413

Asked by Mom0413 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is doing this as well. I just keep putting her back to her bed every time she comes in my bed. Most nights she sleeps through the night. There may be a reason why she's waking up. She might be thirsty or needs to use the restroom.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i have the same problem with my 3 year old
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 3:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• She never asks for something to drink or to go potty and a lot of the time we don't notice she is there til a while later.
    Mom0413

Comment by Mom0413 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• im not really sure on how to keep her there all nite but my 3 yr old son has started gettin up n the middle of the nite an gettin n bed with us an most of the time i let him an when he fall asleep which dnt take long i just carry him back to bed an he stays there
    kelleyplus2

Answer by kelleyplus2 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My son did that till he was 7 years old,lol. I didn't really mind at the time but then I finally decided it was time he stayed in his own bed thru the night. So no matter how tired I was..each and every night for about a month..he would climb into my bed..I'd pick him up , put him back into his bed..sometimes it was 4-5 times a night! But finally...he stopped.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2011