Miscarriage?

I am pregnant now and so far everything seems healthy buthad a miscarriage back in November and I since the doctor never really told me anything, I was going to ask you ladies! When I was 5 weeks I found out I was pregnant, then 3 days later I started bleeding. I went to the hospital and they did an ultrasound and there was nothing in my uterus at all and they checked my tubes and everything....nothing. My hcg levels were 8. I was barely pregnant. I had no pain, no clotting..just what seemed like a normal period. Two days later, I took another pregnancy test and it was negative. My bleeding lasted 5 days. I know that I was pregnant, and the pregnancy failed, but what exactly was this? Anything similar every happened to any of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like a chemical pregnancy. The egg could have been fertilized but may have not implanted.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I agree with the above.

I've had miscarriages but they were further alone in the pregnancy. Good luck on this one!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 3:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Honestly, it's impossible to tell what exactly happened. For whatever reason, it wasn't a viable pregnancy. A lot of miscarriages happen that early on, most of the time women don't even realize it, because they bleed and think it's just their period.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'm sorry to hear that, and I agree with the above answers... best wishes for a healthy happy full term pregnancy this time!
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I had a blighted ovum but didn't miscarry till like 15 weeks but was told that they usually don't last that long and that miscarrying a blighted ovum is usually thought to be a heavy crampy period
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• good Luck
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2011