I'm 33 wks and I hit my belly...help!

I was close to the doorway and was facing sideways when I turned I hit my belly hard. It hurt after and for a little bit more after that. I then decided to sit down for a while, rubbed my belly in the area where I hit myself (the left side of my belly). I have felt the baby move but it kinda hurts still. I called the doctor's office and told them what happened. The nurse told the doctor what happened and he said that I would be fine and to take some tylenol if it still hurts. But since this is my first baby I'm still scared...it still hurts a bit. What should I do? Have you experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think you will be ok and so will the baby. Remember your little one is in there floating in water and that acts as a cushion in most cases. If you still have alot of pain or its consistant like contractions you can time and wont go away then go to the hospital.
    Anonymous

• You'll be ok, don't worry. I fell twice while I was pregnant and got hit in the belly a few times and regardless of my clumsy self my son was born just fine. Try to take a deep breath and relax, don't stress.
    Mrs.Corona1

Answer by Mrs.Corona1 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• itll be ok i hit my belly a couple times with my son. you probably just bruised yourself so take some tylenol and try to relax baby is fine im sure besids hes protected by lots of fluid.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I ran into a doorknob when I was preg, right on my belly button, it felt bruised for a week, but everything was fine. Good luck... I am sure everythings fine with you too :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i fell and landed on my side when I was getting out of the tub, I hit hard too, but I was fine. It'll be ok. don't worry about it. :]
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• This being your first baby,I don't think anything anyone here can say will reassure you. you're a first time mom-to-be [congrats!],but that also means you're gonig to worry over this,and honestly it sounds like you'll be fine [baby too!]. Do you know why your little one is floating in their own little water bubble? It's a cushion,to protect them during development before birth. It hurt YOU,which sucks,but your baby is FINE. As long as you're still feeling fetal movements,and you have no leakage of any kind [particularly anything bloody,dark looking,or consistently flowing] then it sounds like some tylenol and an ice pack would do the trick for you.
    Not that this will reassure you any, but I rode on the back of my mate's motorcycle all over the worst,bumpiest dirt roads in NC for the first 7 months of my 1st pregnancy,and the baby came out just fine!
    Jaydedeyz

Answer by Jaydedeyz at 7:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Trust me..... you will be fine!!! I have fallen down the basement stairs 2 TIMES, and my baby is a healthy happy beautiful little girl!!!
    zoyesmom

Answer by zoyesmom at 10:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008