• In the Spotlight:

How/when to pump while traveling for work?

I travel for work 2-3 days a week, via car, with a male co-worker. The days end up being about 12 hours long, give or take. We usually go, go, go, without much time for pit stops or lunch. I would like to breastfeed when the time comes, but I'm not sure I will be able to pump on the days I travel. I've heard of pumps with car adapters, but time and my co-worker's presence will be a problem. Any advice?

Trekkie

Asked by Trekkie at 3:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Early on, it's good to aim to pump every time baby is scheduled to get a bottle. It's good if you can try to stick to that schedule (sort of, you can adjust it a little) but if that's too often, you can make do with less sessions, but might need to take a little longer.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• is it a male? your co worker? otherwise you can still do it in the car and cover up like you would if you are breastfeeding. I would talk toy uor co worker and see if they have a problem with it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I just edited my question to clarify that it's a male co-worker.
    Trekkie

Comment by Trekkie (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I would still talk to him, if he is married maybe talk to his wife about it too. Alot of guys really do understand that. or depending on the stops you make i would pump when you can. but it can't hurt to talk to him. Not sure i helped any.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'd say get a pump with a car adapter and get a nursing cover. Even though you are pumping at that time you will be covered.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Oh and hop in the back seat to pump.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 2:12 AM on Mar. 2, 2011