Where would you take 4 children on a simple vacation that is not insanely costly? (Ages 5 years-3 months)

eeeek! sounds more like hard work than a vacation(:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Travel

• No where spectacular. A 3 month old isn't going to appreciate a vacation and it's been my experience that it's more work than fun since you don't have all the amenities of home! Maybe a few days at the beach, something low key that doesn't involve a lot of walking around and you can go back to the hotel whenever you need to.
    Anonymous

• camping in the summer... even if its just in the backyard. sesame place is another idea, or land of make believe. even storybook land if your on the east coast.
    RyansMommie07

Answer by RyansMommie07 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It depends on where your at and what you have available around you. I live in Washington so mini vacations are camping or heading up to Seattle for a few days. Camping is good because it's not expensive and it can be a lot of fun for kids. DS loves Seattle. There's the zoo, aquarium, science center, children's museum, Imax, international fountain, walking the water front. GL!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The beach or to the Mtns-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We live near the beach...so the beach, unless you can't swim. recreational parks. seaworld. the zoo. the park. you in laws house...
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 4:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I say camping. I've done it with my kids and they are 3 and 1. They had a blast. I've done it when my 3 yr old was younger too.
    AequitasVeritas

Answer by AequitasVeritas at 11:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2011