Kids are embarrassing...

In the last week, my oldest daughter has come up with some doozies.

My LP and I were talking about my inheritance, since I'm my father's only child, and he made the comment "What, are you wishing your father dead" (joking)...so the first thing she says when my dad comes over the other day is "Mommy is waiting for you to die, grandpa." Thank god he has a sense of humor!

Then, on our way up to my grandmother's (with my father again), she pipes up out of nowhere with "My dad has a hairy butt, and he pees standing up"...she walked in on him in the bathroom...and when my dad said "Let's not tell anymore stories from home" she says "It's not a STORY grandpa...its TRUE!!!"

And just when I thought it was over...today leaving the store, she was shaking with fear and screamed "Is that old lady dead or alive?!!!" I thought, my god kid, we are not in a zombie movie! Why would you say that?!?!

What things have your children done to embarrass you lately? I need to feel better about my daughter and her little gems. What have I raised? Lol!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• She must between 3 and 7 years old. Kids at that age tell the truth like they see it. They do not know how to not say things. They do grow out of it though. Unless she is a teenager trying to piss you off.

Answer by louise2 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• a few weeks ago while we were out for dinner, just as the waitress came to take our order my 2.5yo started giggling wildly and said, "i farted!!!!" ok so only mildly embarrassing, but wildly entertaining!
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My two kids spout out funny things all of the time. I usually find them hilarious though, not embarrassing.

My DD is 18 months old and yells "Faw-ted!!!" over and over again until I acknowledge that she has farted and then say "Well what do you say?" and he says "Pah-don meeEEEee!"
    I thought it would be funny to teach my kids to say "pardon me" in a snooty English accent for when they're excusing their gas. Hahaha!

The other day my 4yo DS said something that I'm glad we weren't in public for or I certainly would have been embarrassed.
    We had the tv on and there were two African American men on the show and he looks and says (pleasantly and innocently because he's 4 year old) "Hey mommy look! Those two guys have brown faces."

I had no idea how to react.
    Again, glad that one was at home about people on tv and not in public where it might have been misunderstood.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I love it! Make sure you keep a journal of these for when she's older.
    Trekkie

Answer by Trekkie at 4:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• rolling on floorsidesplittinglaughter THAT IS JUST TOO FUNNY!!! OMG!

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It makes me nervous every time she opens her mouth lately!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No, she is 5...and DEFINITELY has no screen on her mouth...just repeating interesting things she sees and hears!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• haha Laila-May...I have brothers 7 years younger than me, and when I was about 11 (they were about 4) I remembering them pointing and repeating "That man has a brown face" over and over at the top of their lungs when we saw a black man in the grocery store. We are from a predominantly white town, and even though my older daughter is "used" to being around a variety of races and cultures, when we were at a mall in a more diverse town, she was following random ladies around saying "Auntie Chavaun...mama...its auntie Chavaun!" because one of my closest friends is black and she calls her "auntie". Kids are designed to embarrass you!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• wow i am so glad that my daughter only asked was i alive when dinosaurs were.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Thankfully my boys have not embarrassed me in a long time.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 11:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2011