What is the right age to start potty training?

Crazee854

Asked by Crazee854 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There's no right or wrong age.
    Every child is different. As soon as your child starts showing interest, try it out.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My two boys started when they were 2.5. Google "toilet training readiness" and get some info
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• There's a saying, "If you start potty training at 2, they'll be done by 3. If you start potty training by 3, they'll be done by 3", heh. There really is no right time, every child is different. Make sure they show an interest, and don't force anything. Boys tend to be later than girls, too. My 2 1/2 year old still has NO interest in the potty, and I'm not going to force him.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• there is no age to it every child is different make going potty sound like fun and when the chld is showing interest is when u start dont rush it
    redneckmomma21

Answer by redneckmomma21 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• The best way to tell is when they start waking up dry from their nap.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• When the child is showing interest in the potty or starts staying dry at night for a period of time. My son wasn't ready until he was almost 3 1/2 years old.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• No right or wrong way. I had my son potty trained at 2.
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 7:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• 1.5-2 yr my DD was starting to understand the potty issue.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• There isn't an exact age. I have just finished potty training my son in the day time and he will be three in april. I started when he first turned two, but he didn't want to. Then I tried a few months later. He picked it up but got ill and started wetting himsself so we put him back in nappys (big mistake to go back a step) then about two months ago we started again. You have just got to be patient, it will come to them eventually.
    Rae1990

Answer by Rae1990 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Instead of age try looking for signs. These are the signs stolen from babycenter.Can sit down quietly in one position for two to five minutes.Can pull his pants up and down.Dislikes the feeling of wearing a wet or dirty diaper.Shows interest in others' bathroom habits (wants to watch you go to the bathroom or wear underwear).Gives a physical or verbal sign when he's having a bowel movement such as grunting, squatting, or telling you.Demonstrates a desire for independence.Takes pride in his accomplishments.Isn't resistant to learning to use the toilet.Is in a generally cooperative stage, not a negative or contrary one. Cognitive signs:Can follow simple instructions, such as "go get the toy." Understands the value of putting things where they belong. Has words for urine and stool.Understands the physical signals that mean he has to go and can tell you before it happens or even hold it until he has time to get to the potty.

hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2011