If you don't live near your extended family (not in the same city) how often to you visit?

How far away are you?

I am 100 miles away from my mom. I want to visit, but we try to make sure it is spring. I wouldn't want to get stuck there b/c I have to work.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Very rarely do I see siblings who live in Maine and Boston (I'm on the west coast). My parents are a four hour drive...see them twice a year...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Im in NJ ....Mom is in FL and Dad is in CA. So maye 2 times a year for both :(
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My family lives anywhere from CA to VA and I am in NC. I havent seen my CA in many years, other then my aunt who comes to visit me about every 2-3 yrs. My moms in VA & I used to go up twice a year but havent been in about 2 yrs. We dont get along. Instead we try to see each other once a year at the beachhouse when we vacation.

Answer by gemgem at 4:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My family lives in Cen. America, I am here in the US ... I go back every other month if not every month.,
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We are about 4 hours away and we see my parents about every 2 months because they make the trip to us and about every 4 months for everyone else.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I live about 5 hrs away. I haven't been home in 3 years. My immediate family keeps me so busy that I just don't have time. They, however have an open invitation to come visit me whenever they want. LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'm 700 miles away from my adult children. I saw them this past weekend. Once every few years is enough for visiting. I can't take all the noise and drama

Answer by admckenzie at 5:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'm about 400 miles from my mom.  We visit her about 2 or 3 times a year and she visits us about 2 times a year.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We are about 3000 miles away from my family. I get to see them once or twice a year. It gets less and less as the kids get older and lives get busier.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have been living in Texas for almost 5 years....I have only seen my family from California 3 times, for 2-4 weeks at a time. Ds has only been there 2 times.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2011