What's the best town in california to raise a family?

i want to live in CA, but am currently an east coaster. i love mountains and hate snow. i also love towns that are a bit less conservative. what are your favorite towns?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Travel

• Marin county . . . . any of it. Santa Barbara. Laguna Hills.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My dad is in Davis and its beautiful! Im pretty sure its one of the number one places to raise a fam and has the best college. UCDavis
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Well, I've lived in the Bay Area for the past 20 years, so I'm partial to that, heh. It's definitely liberal (which I love), the weather is great (moderate), and if you want mountains and/or snow, everything is a couple of hours driving away, at most. However, it IS an expensive area to live, no doubt about that.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I was born and raised in CA. If we moved back it would be to the Palm Desert area where I was raised, or to Oceanside.

Answer by gemgem at 5:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I split my time between Aptos/Rio del Mar (Santa Cruz Cty) a beach town on the central CA coast and Coastal LA cty in southern CA. Personally, I love Northern CA. I have lived all over CA. What business are you in? The Santa Cruz area is very laid back and diverse. There is a UC campus in the Santa Cruz Mtns (lovely redwoods) that is beautiful (my son is a student), in addition, there is a wonderful, very quiet coast line with accessible beaches. The Bay area is busy and less conservative than the interior state. ALL locations are expensive!

Southern CA= more mild weather and many more people.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Outskirts of Sacramento ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Northern California is definitely liberal. Stay away from Oakland area. Southern Califonia in Orange County is laid back. Stay away from Los Angeles. It is fun to visit, but not to live. Crime rates and smog level is too high. San Jose area is nice...up north is beautiful and gorgeous. I'm from sourthen California. Brea and Yorba Linda area...
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 4:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2011