Ppd.. i need advice

Hi... My name is LaTasha, 22 year old and I am a proud mother of two wonderful children, Braiden-Wayne who is 2 almost 3 and Rebecca Jean who is 8 weeks old. My first pregnancy with Braiden was a tough one due to his father dying 19 days before he was born in a car accident, But the doctor put me on citlapram for depression. I rebeled agianst my family who was all I had. Left my newborn son in the arms of my father and mother with the intent of them raising him, I began to take alot of drugs and not take care of my son. I then realized he was all I had other than my family and he was my responsibility and I was going to raise him and not make my family raise him. I moved on with my life with my son and met a guy who I thought was wonderful, I found out on my mothers birthday in april that I was pregnant with the help of a home pregnancy test. When I went to the ER for a blood test to know for sure it was then I was told I was pregnant with twins. I was estactic. My first ultrasound showed us two babies.So I knew for sure I was having two more wonderful babies. On June 6th 2010 My boyfriend told me he had been cheating on me and had a married woman pregnant, and wanted me to leave. it was that night that I had a misscairage of one of my children due to the stress I was under. I never forgive him and never will. I am taking prozac to help with postpartum depression, and with the help of talking to my family, but My Fiance I am with now accepts my children, takes great care of us, does not expect me to work, is kinda short with me at times and expects me to be super mom, How can I adjust to a two year old who is running wild, a new born, a loving fiance who wants me to be wonder woman, a baby daddy who does not understand he was the cause of me losing one of our children, and losing one of my kids in general??? please help I need someone to talk to even if its just for ten mins a day.. some one help me

mom31788

Asked by mom31788 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i am so sorry that you had to go through all that pain. all the advice i can give is to make sure you spend some time doing things that make you happy. you need to have balance in your life and sometimes being supermom (imposed or not) means you start forgetting to take care of yourself. concentrate on the good you have in your life as much as you can. be strong mama and maybe you can find a support group of women who understand and can help.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 5:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Before you marry fiance I'd set him down and talk to him about boundaries and expectations. I'd also remind him that Wonder Woman was a fictional character so he needs more realistic expectations from you. You don't expect him to be perfect so why should he expect it from you? Is it possible you have rushed in to a relationship too soon? You may need some time alone with your children to deal with all you have gone through lately.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You're welcome to e-mail me at shortmommy21@aol.com if you need to talk, just put in the subject line who you are and that you're from Cafemom.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have lost a baby, not to death, but she was adopted. It is such a painful thing. Feel free to email me and I would not mind chatting with you about some options for help.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'm sorry you're going through this but you sound strong and it sounds like you're working really hard to get on the right path. I think you need to take things one day at a time and build a strong support system. Don't let your children's father get in the way of that. If he causes problems, let them go in one ear and out the other. You're above all that stuff.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 5:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Hey LaTasha......sorry to hear your not too happy, and Im sorry for both of your losses. My opinion is that Men are mostly the same.......your ex will never understand that it was his actions that caused you the stress that in turn caused the miscarriage. Im surprised that he doesn't blame you. Much respect to you for getting off the drugs and coming back to your family, I know how hard it is to get your shit together.....For the demanding Fiance, well try to have a face to face with him and explain that the way things are right now is just because you have a brand new baby! And reassure him that when the baby is old enough to give you some room to breathe, you will then be the super woman that he expects. Be kind and gentle in your wording.....lots and lots of I understand how you feel and you're right......maybe Im wrong but I would rather appease my man and get him off my back then to fight with him!! Good Luck!
    bldsukr

Answer by bldsukr at 5:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• hugs

carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2011