Feeding schedule for YOUR 4-5 month old?

Just curious as to how many times a day you're feeding? What you're feeding? and how much you're feeding your 4 or 5 month old babies?

My DS is 4 and a 1/2 months old. I breastfeed-alot! I call him my little snacker, lol. But recently we've started giving rice cereal & homemade babyfood. So basically he's getting breastmilk on demand and also getting babyfood 3 times a day. Babycereal for breakfast, a mashed up fruit for lunch (we've done banana and apple so far) and he gets dinner (we've tried greenbeans, avocados, and squash.)

I should mention that he sits up unsupported and is able to lean towards the spoon & open his mouth to eat and lets us know when he is full. So he was ready and capable of eating before we decided to start on solid food!

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 5:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at this age, i still fed my boys on demand with the breastfeeding. I started 2 out of my 4 boys on rice ceral once a day at this age, but waited with my 3rd son until he was 7 months and with my 4th son...well he would NOT eat baby cereal or baby food so he was close to 6 months before he was on an eating scedule. He is 10months now and still nurses about 6 times a day along with eating table food. That is great he is sitting up without support. Sound like you have things under control.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• At that age, with both of my children, I was only EBFing, on demand.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• All of my kids were EBF on demand until 6 months. They always nursed pretty frequently, at least every 2 hrs during the day, and a few times during the night.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• At 4 months mine were breastfeeding approximately every 3 hours (except at night when they slept around 9-10 hours), no solids.

Answer by missanc at 9:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2011