What are you weight loss success stories and tips?

Did you use any program? What are your tips? I know more excersize, portion control and counting calories but im just curious to hear others stories! I havent gained weight in a very long time except when im pregnant. Now id really like to lose these 35 extra pounds i have from carrying my 2 children. They are almost 5 and almost 2

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have had a lot of success with portion control. I use the smaller salad plates so it can look like your plate is super full but it is still a lot less then you would pack on to a full sized dinner plate. If I have a craving I give in to it otherwise later I would binge. I hope this helps and good luck!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 5:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• weight watchers online, I swear by it. it's easy. the first time i did it I lost 17 pounds right away and never even worked out. I quit though because I started a new job and i was only 19 so i wasn't used to the fulltime job and i just got away from it. then i got pregnant. but now i'm back on it. they have promos all the time so its free to join and its like $17 a month. they have other plans too. i just love it.
    now I"m running almost a mile 5 days a week.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• thanks i researched weight watchers alittle today but am curious to how it really works. I mean i know its off a point system but what does the onine membership do for you?
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Unfortunately the only times I have lost larger amts of weight is from being SICK. :( Otherwise I have maintained at a bit higher weight than I like..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I lost 35 pounds in less than a year by cutting out bad carbs, sugar, and processed foods...drank lots of water...it was easy at the time bc o was under high stress too...that will always help
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I lost weight with WW flex plan and low carb. I was happier with WW, U can find all the old flex plan free online.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 7:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I did great on WW...but I'm not considering myself successful yet....
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I'm eating clean and running, and I've lost 60 lbs in about a year. There's a group on here with some great resources listed, and clean eating basics. I'd highly recommend it. It's very safe and all about balance, eliminating processed foods and portion control.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2011