Why didn't my mail come today?

It didn't come! The postman never showed. I live in town and have 3 bills sitting in my box with the flag up. It's after four, and nothing. It is definitely not a holiday and the weather is fair.
Does my concern just go to show that I am a stay-at-home mom? hahaha.
Really though, where is the guy? Is he okay?? Or is he just shirking his duties?

sfwilson

Asked by sfwilson at 5:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Sometimes if I do not get mail. He will not stop at my mail box. Found out when I call the post office. They are not obligated to pick up mail at your house.

Answer by louise2 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• About once every two weeks, we don't get any.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I believe if you have a street mailbox, and the flag up they are supposed to take it if in route. On your house and no mail, they don't have to.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• He's at the little old lady's house down the street.... He'll be by shortly... LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Well, really Mr. Postman!
    sfwilson

Comment by sfwilson (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• When our mail lady has a day off or goes on vacation, another carrier has to pick up her route and then our mail is usually very late because the substitute carrier does our route after he/she finishes her regular route. Maybe your carrier is off and there's a substitute driver today?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• USPS....good Lord. In a previous home, our carrier would occasionally be one house off- so I'd get my neighbor to the left's mail and the neighbor to the rt, would get mine. This was a rural route. OP, you probably didn't have mail to be delivered, so your house was skipped, despite the red flag being elevated.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Could be that your regular carrier has the week off so her/his sub runs late.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011