I am having a hard time sticking to a sleeping schedule for my 2yr old...

Both my BF and I have work schedules that are always changing. Our days off change and our shifts. Our son also stays with different babysitters. So my son is always going to bed at different hours and napping at different hours. Then we went on a vacation and I think he is thrown off even more. I don't think he is getting enough sleep because he has been acting horrible. Lately he has been going to bed VERY late and sleeping late. He will miss a nap some days and nap for several hours others. He also misses out on his naps when I have to run errands. I have really been trying to get him on a schedule and it is not working. Do you have any helpful advice please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• You should try to get him with just one set babysitter, have his nap times around the same time daily (as close as possible as you can get). Put him to bed at night around the same time as well, if you have to start putting him to bed 30minutes before his actual bedtime because it may take him a few to settle down then that is fine as well. I do that with my youngest who will be 2 May 3rd. The later he goes to sleep the later he will sleep in. He may be really cranky due to be overly exhausted and just fighting the issue of falling asleep at that point. He might not be the type of child to fall asleep in a moving vehicle, so that might be why he is always up constantly when running errands. My youngest passes out in moving vehicles after a few if he's tired, so I'm lucky there.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2011