Disobedient daughter

I told her to come home on the bus period now this is the second time she has not come home,I grounded her and told her she can't do anything till next monday and thats if she comes home everyday on the bus. I'm about ready to put a belt to her butt cause she disobeys me. I'm sick and tired of her doing this to me. My other kids get on the bus and come home who the hell does she think she is doing this? What the hell should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• is it possible for you to pick her up from school? i am not sure what else to do.. sorry
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 5:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• How old is she?
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I could but why? She needs to just come home on the bus like my eldest son does.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• she is 13
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think that some of these teenagers need a good ass whooping to wake them up. I wouldnt really do it but it sure is tempting.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• When she does not get on the bus, does she expect you to come pick her up? Or does she get a ride?
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• At 13, if my son decided that he just wanted me to pick him up, and missed the bus on purpose. I would drive to the school and make him walk home, while I drove behind him. I guarentee he would be on the bus tomorrow!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Instead of getting mad and being angry that she doesn't listen to you or OBEY you- you need to tell her that when you don't know where she is she is worried and that you need her to come home on the bus as told because you love her- not because it's a rule and you said so. "I said so" logic doesn't work. If she knows you care and you want her to be safe she will be more open to doing as you ask.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• no she wants to walk home with her friends. I told her she isnt gonna do that. My rules are that she come home from school on the bus,she has to do her school work and she has to practice her violin. Then she has to do some kind around the house. If she does that then she can have a friend come over or visa versa. I think its fair.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I tried that too meandrphoto
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2011