I have a 5 year old son an he seems really down an unhappy at times. its starting to concern me. Is this a phase or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 5 year old started doing the same thing a couple of months ago and it turned out he was having some trouble at school with one of his friends. Just ask him about his day and see whats going on and if your not getting answers from him talk to his teacher and see if she's noticed anything different. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 5:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• talk to him and ask questions....depending on how he answers, you may want to take him to his doc.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I agree with the other responses maybe something is bothering him and he is too scared to tell you. Let him know he can come to you no matter what, especially if something is bothering him. Just try your best to let him open up and speak of his feelings. I hope everything works out.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Yeah, it's normal, unless something is going on. Just talk to him.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Thank all of you for your comments, all of this is very helpful!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2011