I am sooooo forgetful! WTF?

I absolutely can not believe how forgetful I am. I always misplace my phone or my keys when I get distracted and spend hours trying to remember where I put them! I tear apart my house sometimes looking for them because I CAN'T remember where I left my things! This is getting kind of nerve racking. I've been having trouble concentration on school work too. It's ridiculous! I wonder if I have early onset of alzheimer's disease or someething.

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Health

• Lol, and your *card* ??? Bahahahaha
    Anonymous

• i am the same way.. i forget EVERYTHING... yesterday i almost forgot to pick up my daughter from school.. i was there 3 minutes early lol i am usually a lot earlier!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 5:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Previous anon - say WHAT?

OP - How old are you? I've heard forgetfulness can be a symptom of menopause. ...Although when it comes to keys I often have trouble finding mine as well. We've torn the house apart several times in an attempt to find them before. My bad...I kind of just throw them anywhere.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how old you are. It could be menopause.

Answer by louise2 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• My employeer is that way. She was leaving to go to the grocery store, and her hubby told her to take his truck as it was parked behind her in the driveway. That was a second before she walked out the door, got into her car and backed into his truck!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I'm not quite 27
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It's sad to say and admit, but I am like that alot too.. I walked out of the house one day and totally forgot my youngest in the house til I got to the end of the driveway. my oldest said mommy you forgot Kyle. I was like oh crap I can't believe I forgot my own child. For the rest of the day I felt so bad and like a horrible mother.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• It could be anything really. Loss in ability to concentrate or loss in ability to remember can be due to a lot of different health issues. It could be due to Anemia, which is low iron in the blood. It could be due to not enough oxygen to the brain. Which could be due to a narrow airway, sleep apnea, or any other number of issues. The only real answers you're going to get are from your doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have anemia and hypoactive thyroid but I haven't ever brought up the issue of forgetfulness.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have fibromyalgia and I have to tell you the "forgetfulness" that comes with it SUCKS... I'll forget what things are called, I've called the door a phone....talked of making bacon patties instead of sausage patties, I forget what side of the road I'm supposed to drive on (which is why I don't drive unless someone is with me and I'm not in a flare up). I honestly thought I was the only one who freaked about forgetting her children....I will literally panic and do a head count even when I know they are all there....I'm one of those moms that if I can't see them I panic. I have forgotten where I parked (literally couldn't remember if I used parking lot A or B, couldn't even remember the vicinity) Talk to your doctor about it, especially if you feel that it is worse than the normal "life" forgetfulness.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2011