Please tell me what ya'll think . . .

ok so I was thinking I will be 23 in 2 days and I have a 5 yr old dd 2yr old dd 6 month old ds 10 yr old ss and 16 yr old ss I have been thinking about joining the army for as long as I can remember lol right now I am thinking that once my ds is about a year old or maybe a little older I will join what do ya'll think ? is it a good idea bad ? IDK I keep coming up with ways to make money but I always end up back at the army idea ? any suggestions or ideas or advice would be 1000 % appreciated
Thanks ,

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• i wouldn't
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 5:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• So, you will have someone to care for the kids while you are busy? If so, I would totally say go for it. I think it's a great way to gain education and experience.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Think about going away to boot camp. Who would take care of the babies? Could you be away that long? What about deployment? These are all questions that need to be thought about and considered. Good luck in your decision
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I guess you are married. Some one has to take legal guardianship of your kids. Unless you ar married of course.

Answer by louise2 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• yea I have my DH while I am in BT and all I'm still kinda stuck on deployment I was thinking about something like a mental health speacilist I was thinking they stay here right ? really deployment is my only problem not really problem but fear not really but the only thing stopping me I wanna be able to take my family wherever I need to go
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Nobody at all can decide that for you. The Army is a four year commitment right out of bootcamp, that you cannot get out of. Therefore, you will most likely be stationed somewhere away from family/friends for those four years. Maybe even deployed right out of bootcamp if they're in need of fresh blood over seas. Ontop of that you have a large family that is going to be without you during the time of bootcamp alone. You'll most likely get restationed once a year, which means uprooting your entire family yearly to move around the country or even over seas (like Japan or Korea).

There are benefits to the army, but they may not be enough to risk your entire family's stability and well being. Therefore, you have to decide if it's all worth it to you. Even if you get into a noncombat field you are most likely still going to be shipped over seas. EVERY field in the military (all branches) are needed everywhere.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• i wouldn't join the army because of the fear of not seeing my children grow up or all of their firsts. Plus i would prolly get home sick
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 5:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• You need to talk to a recruiter and you need to educate yourself on EVERYTHING that involves your choice to join or not to join. You need to make sure that you have every question answered and every gray area uncovered. This isn't a choice, for even a single person without kids, to make without understanding the ins and outs of the military career.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I wouldnt.

Answer by gemgem at 5:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• If you don't think you could handle deployment, DON'T GO INTO THE MILITARY! It doesn't matter what area you go into, you cannot guarantee that you will not deployed. Mental health specialists are deployed just like a "foot soldier".
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2011