ear infection.

my 5 month old has an ear infection, the dr gave us amoxicillin 4 it. she wont take it no matter wat, iv tried everything!!! wat do i do???? i called the dr bac 2day n they percribed her 2 numbing ear drops. they said iy would only take the pain away not heal it! wat do i do???????? please help! please??????

xkrystals.momx

Asked by xkrystals.momx at 7:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her Tylenol for the pain and you can buy homeopathic drops a the drug store that work pretty well. Are you using a dropper? When you squirt it in her mouth, direct it in her cheek. That will help keep her from spitting it out. Also, most ear infections will go away in a few days with out antibiotics.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My daughter has an ear infection and is on amoxicillin, and also wouldnt take it... I called and talked to doc, and he said its fine to put it in her bottle. She drinks it fine... Before she spit it out and it went in her eye up her nose and in her hair. I feel your pain. You can also mix it with juice. I hope it works for you! :) Glad were in the same situation at the same time.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• iv tried the bottle thing she wont take it.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 7:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My midwives said that if my child were to get an ear infection that I could put a couple drops of my urine into his ear. I have not had to do that. My son has seen a chiropractor since birth and that can help with ear infections.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• if she wont take it in bottle lay her on a pillow so that she is somewhat propped up (slightly) enough so she doesn't choke. Then if you have someone to help hold her hands and squish her cheeks together after u put just a little bit in her mouth and repeat until you are done. make sure she is reclined enough to let the medicine run to the back of her mouth but don't put too much in her mouth where she choke and vomits. The idea of only putting a little and squeezing her cheeks is that she has not choice but to swallow it works my 20 months old still refuses. But she needs the antibiotic or it wont go away it is a bacterial infection and if chronic and left untreated for a period of time it can cause hearing loss ( i dont want to scare you, that mean if you totally neglect them and a child has them all the time)
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008