Concerned about the size of the baby...

I'm 27 weeks now, and when I went to the doctor the other day, one of them measured 21 centimeters and another measured 23 the same day... I'm worried because you're supposed to be the same amount of centimeters as weeks you are pregnant? Did anyone else have a successful child birth and have this problem... someone please tell me this is normal... I'm really scared

not-so-des-hw

Asked by not-so-des-hw at 7:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• How chubby you are doesnt matter when it comes to the size of your uterus, bc you're baby doesn't start out chubby. I would definitely ask the doctor to schedule an ultrasound just to ease YOUR nerves, even if HE isn't worried.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Just wondering but did your OB say it was a problem?? I mean, usually if it's really that small they will do an u/s if they are worried. Did your u/s before look good?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• man if thats the case im screwed and having a huge baby. cuz im 17wks and measuring bigger then 17cm . if your dr didnt say anything then i wouldnt worry about it. if they are worried they will do a u/s to check the baby.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• they said everything seems to be fine... I'm just worried because drs don't always care and sometimes i feel like they tell you things to hurry you out... idk... i know it sounds paranoid but idk, there hasn't been an ultrasound in 9 or 10 weeks, and i don't even care if I don't see the baby I just need to know that it's still developing ok...
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 7:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Well, as long as you are getting bigger and gaining weight I wouldnt worry. If everything looked good on the u/s before then most likely you are fine. For me, I'll probably measure bigger b/c I'm "chubby", so to get an accurate measurement might be hard... as in they might be off a few centimeters. So I wouldnt worry too much....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I said nothing about my baby being chubby. It WILL matter b/c I AM chubbier, which means measuring my uterus, over my fat, could make it differ if the right doc isn't doing it.... Anyways, I would still check into the u/s if you think you need it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• With my first I don't remember ever measuring bigger or smaller, but with this one, today as a matter of fact, I measured 19 by my midwife and 23 by her assistant. I am 20 weeks, 5 day and last month I measured right on, so I am not sure.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Its usually 2 weeks under or over as normal measurements...I am 32 weeks and I measured last at 30 weeks. I would ask the doctor if they are concerned, but Im guessing you will start matching or get closer as you get farther along.
    Hallmomma

Answer by Hallmomma at 8:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2008